The error can be easily fixed. This process shows We three solutions to fix firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in Kies and try again Galaxy. We can use the solutions to fix the problem on Galaxy S7/S6/S5/S4/S3/2/Note 5/4/3/2 and tablets.Sponsored
Thousands of Samsung Galaxy users get this error when they are attempting to use Odin33/Kies to root, upgrade, downgrade their Samsung Galaxy devices, or flashing a custom ROM.
Don't Miss: How to Back up Data from a Broken Galaxy
- 1 Method 1: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue With Kies
- 2 Method 2: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Without Kies
- 3 Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Using Odin3
- 4 FAQ – Samsung Odin failed during stock firmware flash.
Method 1: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue With Kies
We can follow the lead of the error message and try to fix the “firmware upgrade encountered issue” error with Kies’ Firmware upgrade and initialization feature. Here are the specific steps.
Step 1. Download and install Kies on your computer. Run Kies and choose Tools > Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation.
Step 2. Check the model & serial number (S/N) of your Samsung Galaxy mobile.
- In case your mobile has a removable back cover, We can find out the model name and S/N after taking out the battery.
- In case We have registered your Samsung Galaxy device in Samsung.com, We can log in with your Samsung Galaxy Account and get the information.
- Or we can get the information from the box of the mobile.
Step 3. Enter the model name and the serial number of your Samsung Galaxy on Kies.
Step 4. Kies warn We that the firmware upgrade and initialization process erase all your data and settings and your mobile is updated to the latest firmware version afterward. Click OK to continue.
Step 5. The software will start download files for the firmware upgrade. When the firmware ROM is downloaded, you’ll see this window.
Step 6. Follow the instruction in the window to put your Samsung Galaxy mobile in recovery mode. Tick the checkbox and click “Start Upgrade”.
Step 7. Wait patiently until We see “Emergency recovery of firmware completed”. Please don’t disconnect your mobile with the computer during the process.
In case the Odin failed to flash Samsung Device or show you error like Please get the approval to use factory binary (Pit) .You can also fix it. you need to select extra setting on Odin and then tick on Nand flash. It will fix the error temporarily.
Now “firmware ROM upgrade encountered issue” error should be gone. However, all data and settings also are gone on your Samsung Galaxy device. In case We don’t want to lose important data or find upgrading firmware with Kies is too troublesome, We can try the following two methods to fix “firmware upgrade encountered issue” error without Kies.Sponsored
Method 2: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Without Kies
The first method that we introduce in this Method is a super simple one: using FonePaw Broken Android Data Extraction to unblock Samsung Galaxy mobile in one click.
The software can fix Samsung Galaxy devices with system errors caused by upgrade/root failure, for example, fixing the Samsung Galaxy mobile stuck at Download mode, boot screen, black screen, and others. And recently some mobile users discovered that it can be a solution for fixing firmware ROM upgrade encountered issue on Samsung Galaxy.
This works for Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4/Note 5/Mote 4/Note 3/ Tab Pro 10.1.
- Step 1. Download and install Broken Android Data Extraction on PC and connect your Samsung Galaxy mobile to PC with the USB cable.
- Step 2. Run the software and choose the Broken Android Data Extraction > Fix Samsung Galaxy device. till there is no option for “firmware upgrade encountered an issue” error, choose Others, and click Next.
- Step 3. Enter the model name and number of your Samsung Galaxy device. The software downloads a suitable recovery package according to the information that We provide. Therefore, it is important that We have entered the correct model name and number.
- Step 4. Follow the instruction of the software to put your Samsung Galaxy mobile in Download mode with Volume down + Home + Power buttons.
- Step 5. The software begins to download the recovery package and fix the Samsung Galaxy device. When the repair is complete, your mobile restart and be back to normal.
Now your mobile is back to normal and all the data and settings are safe and sound on your mobile.Sponsored
Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Using Odin3
In case of Broken Android Data Extraction doesn’t support your Samsung Galaxy device, We can use Odin33 flash tool to manually flash new firmware and fix the firmware upgrade issue. Flashing a ROM also deletes all data on your Samsung Galaxy device.
Note: This method would erase all your mobile data so here suggest We back up your data firstly or move to the last Method with Broken Android Data Extraction.
- Step 1. Download suitable firmware for your Samsung Galaxy device from combinationfirmware.com and unzip the package.
- Step 2. Download Odin33 on your mobile.
- Step 3. Put your Samsung Galaxy mobile into Download mode and connect the mobile to your computer via USB connection.
- Step 4. Run Odin33 and click AP/PDA. From the downloaded package, select the tar.md5 firmware file.
- Step 5. When Odin3 has added the file, click the Start button. It could take a while for Odin3 to flash new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Step 6. When We see the Pass! The message, the firmware flashing is done and your mobile automatically reboot.
In case We still have a question about fixing the “firmware upgrade encountered issue” error. Leave your question below.
FAQ – Samsung Odin failed during stock firmware flash.
You can fix Samsung j210f by flash stock firmware. In case you flash a single file some time it doesn’t work. You may have to flash 4 files to fix the Samsung Galaxy j210f please select recovery mode in Kies and try again Galaxy.
while flash Samsung mobile with a firmware file flashing stop in the middle and you will see Odin mode now you have to flash it with 4 files.
Yes, it is possible to fix this issue when you failed to flash with Odin file. some of this it also issues by Samsung USB cable you need to use a new USB cable.
When you flash Samsung s7582 after flash failed you may see please select recovery mode in Kies and try again you can fix this issue in Samsung galaxy tab 3 also.